How to Contribute?
Fund Raising for Scholarships
Contribute to tuition costs
Contribute to room and meals costs
Contribute to travel costs
Imagine a world where everyone’s needs matter and people have the skills to make peace
One of the ways we see privilege impacting NVC communities is in determining who gains access to learn NVC. The current structure of teaching NVC in residential settings provides opportunities for deep learning and connection to community. However, we are fully aware that the cost of attending a residential retreat, especially when factoring in the cost of missed work and travel expenses makes it unattainable for many.
Solving the challenge of increasing access and inviting people without resources to come and learn is not a problem that can be solved by a single person or organization. That’s why we call on you for help. We would like to raise funds to cover the cost of several full tuition fees and some partial scholarships for this intensive training.
As a reference, here is an indication of the costs associated with this training:
- 1840€ ($2090 approximately) provides tuition costs for one participant.
- 2640€ ($3000 approximately) provides full scholarships (room, meals and tuition costs) for one participant.
Join us in supporting those who aspire to explore power and privilege in NVC communities and help us facilitate access to NVC training for all those who would like to come.
“Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
– Helen Keller
Funding Process and Scholarships Application
The funds is already being collected on the Leetchi plateform https://www.leetchi.com/c/nvc-solidarity.
People from any country are invited to submit an application via an online form. We ask to specify the following points:
- We ask the applicant to explain what interest they have for the theme Power, Privilege, Access and Inclusion.
- We ask the applicant to clarify how participating in this intensive will contribute to social change. Will they then transmit in turn? Will this training have an impact on the participant’s life? for his community? in the world? If yes, how ?
- We ask the applicant to specify if she/he is in a certification program. This will definitely not be an exclusive criterion. Individuals who are not part of a certification course can apply for a scholarship. Our goal is to promote the diffusion of the theme to the greatest number.
- We ask the applicant to specify her/his request: does the person ask for all or only part of the costs? If this is a partial grant application: how much? Can the person pay for the transportation?
- Financial situation: we ask the applicant to explain the reasons why she/he needs financial assistance.
- The applicant needs to be autonomous: we will not have the resources to manage the modalities of transport, visas or other administrative work.
- Applications’ submissions will end on the 10th of April 2019.
- Fundraising will end on the 15th of April 2019.
- By the end of April 2019, the organizers will select the scholarship candidates with the help of one or two trainers.
We will decided upon a three step selection:
1) We will filter the applications to only keep the ones that will meet the criterias mentionned above,
2) We will submit the remaining applications to a vote using systemic consensing,
3) If necessary, we’ll submit the applications to a final vote by dot-voting.
Time left to contribute
Make a direct donation through our money pot site to help cover the expenses for a participant to attend this intensive training.
Your donation can help cover travel, room and meal costs, as well as tuition scholarships.